Started by
94 comments, last by Iwod 20 years, 1 month ago
C# is the best when moving from dos to win 32

using Microsoft.Directx;
using Microsoft.Directx.Directdraw;

Device ddobject=null;
Surface ddprimary=null;
Surface ddsecondary=null;

and without a windows procedure, you can program almost exactly like DOS.
c# makes the transition easier!!!
Advertisement
"C# was desined for distributed programming. Meaning I write a library or something and store it on a server. Anyone else can now use that library very easily..."

That is the Web Service paradigm in general, not C#. C#, as a language, was developed specifically for RAD. Doesn't mean it's limited to that though. .NET was developed for distributed solutions (that includes using the various .Net langauages)

"Wisdom is proportionate to your reference base. Intelligence is the ability to appropriately use that Wisdom."

[edited by - leathrewulfe on February 27, 2004 2:46:43 PM]
"Wisdom is proportionate to your reference base. Intelligence is the ability to appropriately use that Wisdom."
OUCH! This is the second time this thread is necro''d.

Kami no Itte ga ore ni zettai naru!
神はサイコロを振らない!
quote:Original post by tangentz
OUCH! This is the second time this thread is necro''d.

Kami no Itte ga ore ni zettai naru!

Which would have been okay, if the post hadn''t been so entirely free of content. C# lets you program like DOS? Sometimes I think Anonymous Poster is actually jeffk.
CoV
C# is just a tool, its a good language and it can be used to make games just as well if not better then any native language. The speeds are very fast, but of course not as fast as native code. I am talking about 2-5% performance loss if programmed with care. Like I said C# is a language that is for the .NET, its powerful, it makes programming much easier, and much faster. .NET is cross platform (MONO for linux, and has a c# compiler). I bet C# will have a better turn out then VB did and will end up being much more or just as popular then Java over the next 5 years.

I just read the first page and it seems that most of those people are very scared of change, some of them where bashing on it and havent even looked at the language specs.

With .NET 2.0 C# will get an upgrade with 4 major specs, the one that I remember is called generics(templetes) and so C# isnt going away, its a great tool to make anything you want.
Interested in being apart of a team of people that are developing a toolkit that can help anyone product an online game? Then click here http://tangle.thomson.id.au/
I''m closing this thread -- we have enough C# threads as it is without people necroing really old ones

----------------------------------------
"Before criticizing someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away and have their shoes." -- Deep Thoughts
"If you have any trouble sounding condescending, find a Unix user to show you how it''s done." - Scott Adams
FaceHat Software -- Wear the hat.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement