Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

drekkar

max thread calls?

drekkar    122
I was messing around with threads earlier today just testing some limits. I know about running a ton of threads at the same time, however, i was having it count how many threads were actually running, to watch it count upto a large number and suddenly they just stopped creating. So I ran it again and it stopped around the same place. To put it simply, after approx 181600 threads, it wouldn't make them anymore (note: not running at the same time duh =P but just executing and ending threads). I was wondering is it because i'm leaking memory somewhere, or is there a limit to CreateThread calls or just a limit to threads themselves? I know how to program threads the right way I just really want to know why it did this! note: i know about the 2028 limit without reducing the default stack size, and I know I dont have 2028 running without me knowing [edited by - drekkar on August 13, 2003 4:02:53 PM]

drekkar    122
yea i know, to tell you the truth it really makes no difference but you see, i can''t just say to myself "ok it can''t happen", i have to know "why can''t it happen"

my friends often ask me why I do random meaningless projects with new things on them, and the answer is - so I can learn more