Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

max thread calls?

This topic is 5236 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I was messing around with threads earlier today just testing some limits. I know about running a ton of threads at the same time, however, i was having it count how many threads were actually running, to watch it count upto a large number and suddenly they just stopped creating. So I ran it again and it stopped around the same place. To put it simply, after approx 181600 threads, it wouldn't make them anymore (note: not running at the same time duh =P but just executing and ending threads). I was wondering is it because i'm leaking memory somewhere, or is there a limit to CreateThread calls or just a limit to threads themselves? I know how to program threads the right way I just really want to know why it did this! note: i know about the 2028 limit without reducing the default stack size, and I know I dont have 2028 running without me knowing [edited by - drekkar on August 13, 2003 4:02:53 PM]

yea i know, to tell you the truth it really makes no difference but you see, i can''t just say to myself "ok it can''t happen", i have to know "why can''t it happen"

my friends often ask me why I do random meaningless projects with new things on them, and the answer is - so I can learn more