need a programmer

Started by
2 comments, last by ode79 20 years, 8 months ago
We are looking for a programmer to help us out with a short term project (9 months) approx for a real-time-strategy game. If any of your are interested in working on this, email me at ode1979@hotmail.com, and please include your past experience and how much you are looking to be compensated for your time. Thanks --C
Advertisement
Hi. You'll get a better response by posting in the Help Wanted forum, where people go if they're looking for projects to join...

Oh, and welcome to GameDev. May your questions always be answered swiftly and correctly

[edited by - iNsAn1tY on August 13, 2003 4:09:09 PM]
My opinion is a recombination and regurgitation of the opinions of those around me. I bring nothing new to the table, and as such, can be safely ignored.[ Useful things - Firefox | GLee | Boost | DevIL ]
And give more detailed info
Okay, more details...

This is a paid position. You will be paid during and after the project. The amount will be negotiated based on your skills, experience, time commitment (preferably full-time), and enthusiasm. We are making a Real-Time strategy game similar technology-wise to Age of Mythology/Age of Empires. You will be working with one other programmer, 1 artist, 1 level designer, and 1 storywriter. This project is funded, and everyone is being paid. (I have to say that because most of the projects announced in these forums are not) I can''t say any more without a signed NDA on your part.

Req:
Solid... and I mean solid, prepare to be tested C/C++ knowledge
Some professional programming experience
Lots of experience playing video games and a strong desire to make them
Basic understanding of DirectX
The ability to produce large volumes of code in a short amount of time (there are developers that can talk up a storm, have great resumes, and can''t actually sit down and write a program)
Excellent communication skills

Preferred:
4+ years of C/C++ professional (you got paid) programming experience
Local candidates to Southern California area
Assembly language experience
Game programming experience (hobby or professional)
Understanding of AI concepts (flocking, triggers, patterns)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement