When to use malloc?

Started by
6 comments, last by DevLiquidKnight 20 years, 8 months ago
What exactly and when exactly would you go about using malloc? what exactly does it do free memory? or reallocate it.... whatever that means lol
Advertisement
Are you asking for a comparison of malloc/free versus new/delete or are you wondering about memory allocation in general?
Mallocation whatever that is i dont know what it is I dont know what it does.. I have no clue when id use it ect? I think it has to do with memory but sense ive never really seen the ram memory and its always been kinda transparent to me it doenst make sense I dont know what allocation is :/
My kingdom for some punctuation.
Literature is not my strong point don''t give me a hard time.
RTFM.

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

malloc is a means of allocating dynamic memory. there are many uses for dynamic memory allocation, a definition of which can be found with a quick search on google, or even msdn. If you plan to use C/C++ in the future, this is a topic you will have to learn sooner or later and cannot (unless someone has tons of free time) be explained fully in a single post on these forums.
Evillive2
lol shoulda just said allocating means makinga new space for data... its alot easier then saying allocates...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement