Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C++ Compiler

This topic is 5235 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

C++ isn't some program made and owned by some company, it's a language. You want a C++ compiler. Common C++ compilers include Borland, GCC, MinGW, and MSVC++.

[edited by - smart_idiot on August 14, 2003 2:00:37 AM]

I''ve been using MSVC for the longest time I just decided to try out Dev-C++ and wow. The compiling speed is SO much faster (in my opinion) and is great for working with single c/cpp files! This is perfect!

Rob Loach
Current Project: Go Through Object-Oriented Programming in C++ by Robert Lafore

"The question is not how far, the question is do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?"
- The Boondock Saints

To avoid confusion, Dev-C++ is a C/C++ IDE, not a compiler. You use it for editing source code. It doesn''t do the work of converting that code into a program. Dev-C++ optionally comes with MinGW which it can use for that task.

quote:
Original post by WiseElben
Note his topic: C++ Compiler
That means he knows what a compiler is.

As much as I can see where you're coming from, I don't think it's safe to assume that's the case. Don't forget, the same happens with "Assembly" and "Assembler" all the time. They might know a buzzword, but doesn't necessarily mean they understand what it is/does.

Edit: DJGPP is a really nice compiler to start with actually. It forces you to get to know the difference between a compiler and a linker, for example. Working from the command line isn't as bad as it seems, once you get to know it and it's fairly easy to setup.

--hellz

[edited by - hellz on August 14, 2003 10:34:11 PM]

Originally from Anthonyrh1
Hmm. I noticed alot of you sugguesting compilers but not where to get them.
www.bloodshed.net has dev C++ and a couple other versions i dont remember.

I visited www.bloodshed.net and it seems that I''m having a trouble accesing the site. Is there any other site who also offers dev C++? BTW thanks for the info Anthony that''s all I need to know.

quote:
Original post by Makoy
I visited www.bloodshed.net and it seems that I''m having a trouble accesing the site. Is there any other site who also offers dev C++?

Does this do it?