Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LNK1106 what the?

This topic is 5234 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I get the following fatal error: LNK1106: invalid file or disk full: cannot seek to 0x3b16078a I get this error for adding a ddraw.lib (retail directx9) to my project. Why this happanes? I think it''s because visualC5 cant handle these lib files. I also had another problem that UINT_PTR wasnt defined for dinput.h I had included all the stdlib.h windows.h stdio.h before including dinput.h but it didnt help so I defined UINT_PTR myself. Perhaps it has something to do with the fatal error. Anyone have any idea what causes the fatal error? I would appreaciate your help on this matter.

I believe this is because the linker that comes with VC5 can''t handle the new version of lib files Microsoft introduced at some point, I think it was VC6.

I think to correct the problem you need the latest service pack but i''m not 100% certain of that.

===========================
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don''t.

( My views in no way reflect the views of my employer. )