LNK1106 what the?

Started by
0 comments, last by The C modest god 20 years, 8 months ago
I get the following fatal error: LNK1106: invalid file or disk full: cannot seek to 0x3b16078a I get this error for adding a ddraw.lib (retail directx9) to my project. Why this happanes? I think it''s because visualC5 cant handle these lib files. I also had another problem that UINT_PTR wasnt defined for dinput.h I had included all the stdlib.h windows.h stdio.h before including dinput.h but it didnt help so I defined UINT_PTR myself. Perhaps it has something to do with the fatal error. Anyone have any idea what causes the fatal error? I would appreaciate your help on this matter.
It's all about the wheel.Never blindly trust technoligy.I love my internal organs.Real men don't shower.Quote:Original post by Toolmaker Quote:Original post by The C modest godHow is my improoved signature?It sucks, just like you.
Advertisement
I believe this is because the linker that comes with VC5 can''t handle the new version of lib files Microsoft introduced at some point, I think it was VC6.

I think to correct the problem you need the latest service pack but i''m not 100% certain of that.

===========================
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don''t.

( My views in no way reflect the views of my employer. )
===========================There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.( My views in no way reflect the views of my employer. )

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement