Books on game design...these any good?

Started by
1 comment, last by BigBadBob 20 years, 8 months ago
Hey all, i''ve just done an amazon for game design books. Could someone please provide any opinions they have on these books and recommend other good ones if you know of them. http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/wishlist/1K3XDYGF38TXX/ref=wl_em_to cheers, BBB.
Advertisement
I can but I don't want to. If you want to become a Game Designer, buy and read "Adams Rollings and Ernest Adams on Game Design" by Andrew Rollings and Ernest Adams and "Game Design -Thoery and Practice" by Richard Rousse. This should keep you reading for at least one month. If you then still need some books or if you wish to read just other books, ask again.
Additionally you can take the free gamasutra newsletter. Yet today I got it and there are two new game design relevant articels to read. One I know is again cut out of the named book by Rollings and Morris (edited, Admas instead of Morris before, sorry for this mistake and thanks for noting).
If you don't want to become a game designer, but if you want to develop games -hobby or professionally- , then you should buy and read "Game Architecture and Design" (Nowadays available in a not orange-catholic booklet) by Andrew Rollings and Ernest Adams.

[edited by - sirko on August 14, 2003 3:45:42 PM]
quote:Original post by sirko
If you don''t want to become a game designer, but if you want to develop games -hobby or professionally- , then you should buy and read "Game Architecture and Design" (Nowadays available in a not orange-catholic booklet) by Andrew Rollings and Ernest Adams.

That book is by Rollings and Morris, not Rollings and Adams.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement