Ugly unwanted tiling of meshes

Started by
4 comments, last by evolutional 20 years, 8 months ago
This is probably me being dumb and is probably a feature of D3D or something. The ''capital'' ship of the game sees a nasty looking tiled effect. Is there any way to make this appear as one surface, reflecting the light as such or do I have to recreate the model, combining it all as one big heap and using a ''global; texture for it?
Advertisement
Is that a quad or 4 quads?

If its a quad maybe your setting your texture coordinates out of the range of 0.0 to 1.0.

If its 4 quads maybe your normals are wrong, you can see its not flat shading so I dunno.

Look at the first suggestion, or post some code.
If you have lighting enable then it looks like your normals are wrong.
____________________________________________________________AAAAA: American Association Against Adobe AcrobatYou know you hate PDFs...
Well, the problem might be beacuse the captial ship is sectioned into those 6 bits...

Each one is a model in it''s own right. I was wondering if I could somehow make it appear as one surface
Yeah, then it''s your normals that are wrong. The only easy way to fix it is to go to your modeling program and make it one mesh .
____________________________________________________________AAAAA: American Association Against Adobe AcrobatYou know you hate PDFs...
I feared this was the case :<

Ah well, I guess I''ll have to

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement