Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2DamnFunky

Dirext file request

2DamnFunky    122
Can anyone send me or provide a link to the core (read essential) directx9 lib, dll and header files that you get with the sdk. I would download the whole sdk (200mb)from microsoft if i was at home in the uk with my broadband. Unfortunately im on holiday for 8 weeks in pakistan where broadband is considered a myth and the best transfer rates are around 44kbits. So if anyone could send me the libs and include files etc zipped i''d really appreciate it. (shouldnt be more than 8mb). Apologies to those who recognise that ive already posted this before. Llankt was kind enough to upload them to a website but i keep getting a time out error and havnt heard from him/her since. Ill supply my email address on request. Thanks 2DamnFunky!

KershAtWork    122
Hi!

msdn.microsoft.com/directx allows you to download just the SDK without all the other crap. The SDK for C/C++ is only about 100 megs. You should be able to download that in less than an hour.

Good luck!

Pen15    122
Yes, 2DamnFunky sure will need a lot of luck (miracle?) to download 100MB in 1 hour at 44 kbits/sec.

[edited by - Pen15 on August 14, 2003 2:49:58 PM]

okonomiyaki    548
I''m at work right now, but I may be able to do it later tonight.
Specify what you want though. All the sound and input files too? Which ones are essential to you? (besides the d3d9 and all of course).

2DamnFunky    122

Cheers okonomiyaki for the gesture.
I dont have my files to hand with the includes and this pc doesnt even have winzip so i cant even download them and check (you can tell im gonig to have a hard time setting myself up to program here in pakistan) and i cant remember exactly what was included but its was all basic stuff. This is what i can remember though :

ddraw.lib dxguid.lib dinput.lib and then the basic 3d stuff. oh and the associated includes etc.

Ill have to leave it up to you but whatever you can send id be extremely greatful.
My email address is adam.akhtar@lycos.co.uk

2DamnFunky    122

Cheers okonomiyaki for the gesture.
I dont have my files to hand with the includes and this pc doesnt even have winzip so i cant even download them and check (you can tell im gonig to have a hard time setting myself up to program here in pakistan) and i cant remember exactly what was included but its was all basic stuff. This is what i can remember though :

ddraw.lib dxguid.lib dinput.lib and then the basic 3d stuff. oh and the associated includes etc.

Ill have to leave it up to you but whatever you can send id be extremely greatful.
My email address is adam.akhtar@lycos.co.uk

HaywireGuy    208
Eight weeks!! Pakistan, what are you doin'' there?!

I was tryin'' to ZIP up D3DX9.lib from 4281kb to 1349kb, even
with that size I can''t send it over my Hotmail account. :''(

Anywhere to dump the files that I zipped?
Hmm... you don''t have a WinZIP also...
I''m sure there is only one programmer in Pakistan now.

2DamnFunky    122
hahaha

yeh i know, actually theres quite a big I.T. thing here its just that i dont know anyone.

Ive got winrar now (covers zip as well) so thats not a problem. Errmm but as to your file sending limit i cant help. I know lycos and yahoo are quite good now for that sort of stuff but i dont really think youd want to sign up just to send some guy in pakistan some files ;>

can anyone help???

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
http://spider.xpd8.net/dxinc.zip
http://spider.xpd8.net/dxlib.zip

the include zip file is 1.18MB and the lib zip file is 5.70 MB

(I didn''t take the time to select any particular files, I''ve just selected everything =))

2DamnFunky    122
Thanks guys, files downloaded. After spending 2 hours waiting, praying that a powercut wouldnt prematurely end the dl attempt and watching bit my bit (and i really do mean bit by bit) the progress i can finally now do some games programming.

Thanks once again.