Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Javelin

Window with MFC (new try)

Hi Due to the enormous responce I got last time I''ve decided to ask again and make my question a little simpler. I have an application based on a CFrameWindow. Now I want to open a new window containing some info. I want to use this window at the same time as my main window so I do not want to open a modal diaqlog box. I want the new window to appear as the tool and layer windows in photoshop if that''s any help. Does anyone know how to do this? // Thanks // Javelin -- Why do something today when you can do it tomorrow... --

You can use CDialog::Create() to create a modeless dialog box. Look it up in MSDN.

--------------------

You are not a real programmer until you end all your sentences with semicolons; (c) 2000 ROAD Programming

You are unique. Just like everybody else.

"Mechanical engineers design weapons; civil engineers design targets."
"Sensitivity is adjustable, so you can set it to detect elephants and other small creatures." -- Product Description for a vibration sensor

Yanroy@usa.com

quote:

You can use CDialog::Create() to create a modeless dialog box. Look it up in MSDN.

Yes I know.. the thing is that I don't want a dialog window if I can avoid it. Thanks anyway. The problem is not to create the window, but rather where to create it or something. I receive some errors when creating the child window in my CFrameWindow::OnCreate().

Anyone else that has a suggestion?

// Javelin
-- Why do something today when you can do it tomorrow... --

[edited by - Javelin on August 14, 2003 2:08:56 PM]

I think you''re looking for help for a docking window, look here:
http://www.codeproject.com/docking/ specifically at the Docking Windows section.

Dave "Dak Lozar" Loeser