• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Javelin

Window with MFC (new try)

This topic is 5454 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi Due to the enormous responce I got last time I''ve decided to ask again and make my question a little simpler. I have an application based on a CFrameWindow. Now I want to open a new window containing some info. I want to use this window at the same time as my main window so I do not want to open a modal diaqlog box. I want the new window to appear as the tool and layer windows in photoshop if that''s any help. Does anyone know how to do this? // Thanks // Javelin -- Why do something today when you can do it tomorrow... --

Advertisement
You can use CDialog::Create() to create a modeless dialog box. Look it up in MSDN.

--------------------

You are not a real programmer until you end all your sentences with semicolons; (c) 2000 ROAD Programming

You are unique. Just like everybody else.

"Mechanical engineers design weapons; civil engineers design targets."
"Sensitivity is adjustable, so you can set it to detect elephants and other small creatures." -- Product Description for a vibration sensor

Yanroy@usa.com

quote:

You can use CDialog::Create() to create a modeless dialog box. Look it up in MSDN.

Yes I know.. the thing is that I don't want a dialog window if I can avoid it. Thanks anyway. The problem is not to create the window, but rather where to create it or something. I receive some errors when creating the child window in my CFrameWindow::OnCreate().

Anyone else that has a suggestion?

// Javelin
-- Why do something today when you can do it tomorrow... --

[edited by - Javelin on August 14, 2003 2:08:56 PM]

I think you''re looking for help for a docking window, look here:
http://www.codeproject.com/docking/ specifically at the Docking Windows section.

Dave "Dak Lozar" Loeser

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!