Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Header Files!!!

This topic is 5235 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello! I have som strange errors in MS Visual C++ 6.0. When I compile I get these errors: "error: PCH creation point" "err: unexpected token preceding ''('' What is wrong ?

Without seeing the offending region of code it''s hard to tell. The usual resons are missing semi-colons or compiler reserved words/symbols followed by a symbol that does not form a regular expression.

Beginners and experts will find answers here.

I had this problem not long ago and these are the three things I gathered from my solution. This error is caused by

1)Not placing a correct semicolin after your class declaration.
2)Modifying the base (e.g.stdio.h) header files
3) (This is actually what happened to me) Moving the project file to a different folder than the one you created it in.

(A clarification. I created a project in the folder SpaceShooter. I then made a new folder called SpaceShooterGame and moved the SpaceShooter Project into it w/out recreating it. This gave me 100s of PCH errors. To fix it, I simple created a new project in the new folder and reincluded all my source and .h files and it worked perfectly)

Hope that helps you some.

[edited by - Jbs on August 14, 2003 12:33:11 AM]