Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

daerid

Text Editor Programming Resources

In my time here at GameDev, I''ve seen scattered throughout all the posts here numerous resources that would be really handy when writing a text editor. Well, that''s what I''d like to do. So, I would like to humbly request that if anybody has any resources that are useful and handy to writing a text editor (design concepts, code snippets, utility classes, papers/articles, etc...), that they post them here and get them all in one place Thanks

I''m not sure that I know what you are looking for but if you need and editor or are wanting information regarding the coding of an editor this is probably the best you are going to find -http://www.scintilla.org/ Here''s the jist of the license :

"Scintilla is a free source code editing component. It comes with complete source code and a license that permits use in any free project or commercial product."

Dave "Dak Lozar" Loeser

I''m looking for a bit more of an abstract view here. I don''t want to hack my way through a full pre-existing code-base, but instead would like a collection of useful concepts (e.g: ropes and things like that) that can be utilized for building a text editor from the ground up.