Hexadecimal list

Started by
8 comments, last by Tiso 23 years, 9 months ago
Does anybody have a list of hexadecimal codes and what they do? You know like: 0x01 makes a smiley, ect. If you have one please post it, if you know where I can get one please tell me. Thank you! ............ Guardian Angel Interactive
Advertisement
Hey, if it''s ASCII codes you''re talking about, you can make your own chart in MS-DOS editor. Just hold down the ALT key while you key in the three number code (in decimal) on the keypad.

You probably won''t have much luck with the first 32 characters in the editor, but all the characters after number 128 are very cool.

Here''s some codes I can think of off the top of my head:

7 - bell
8 - backspace
9 - tab
10 - line feed
12 - form feed
13 - carriage return

... That''s all I can think of ...
No wonder... The only thing VGA people can think of are those few cool characters
Okay, so I don''t have to worry about stuff like 0x0a, and stuff like that?

Guardian Angel Interactive
Oops, I gave you decimal numbers... I''ve got a chart on my website which has hexadecimal too, but it looks terrible in a browser...
Just copy it into MS-DOS editor, or use notepad with the "Terminal" font and it should look okay.

-VGASteve

See my projects!
If you have Windows 95 v4.00.950 B then you may have a chart on the installation CD.

The chart is in a program called "QBASIC".

To find it, go to d:\other\oldmsdos\qbasic.exe (if d: is not your CD-ROM use the drive that is) and look in the help section for a chart of all the ASCII character codes.

I hope this helps.

Edited by - The_C_Guy on June 26, 2000 6:00:43 PM
http://www.crosswinds.net/~druidgames/resist.jpg
Okay, I went to the ascii list, now, how do I use them? I''ve only used hexadecimal so far, soo....any help is appreciated.

What do you mean by "use them"?

-----------------------------
-cow_in_the_well

http://cowswell.gda.ods.org/

- Thomas Cowellwebsite | journal | engine video

There''s also a nice chart in the MSDN, just look up "ASCII Character Codes"
Yeah, like display them. You know, use them.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement