LookAt()

Started by
1 comment, last by QReboundSoftware 20 years, 8 months ago
What is the DX8 Look At Function for? Because im trying to turn my (basic) RPG/FPS Engine into a RTS game/Engine, and i want to look Down on the land, so i positioned the cameraat 30.0f in the air, and then tried to use the LookAt function to look at the ground. Didnt work. Is it from like the cameras position, or in world coordinates? ______________________________ Quantum CEO of Quantum Rebound Software Website Up Soon
______________________________QuantumCEO of Quantum Rebound SoftwareWebsite Up Soon
Advertisement
World coordinates. Make sure that you were viewing your world from the right direction, if not culling will take effect and it won''t be visible. Another thing to keep in mind is that if the angle of your camera to its view directly matches your up vector nothing will show up.
____________________________________________________________AAAAA: American Association Against Adobe AcrobatYou know you hate PDFs...
Oh, ok thanks. I solved the problem. I was trying to assign it in relation to the Cameras position. Thank you for you help, and check in the Your Announcements forum in around 20-30 days for my game!

______________________________QuantumCEO of Quantum Rebound SoftwareWebsite Up Soon

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement