demo for job app

Started by
31 comments, last by beehorf 20 years, 6 months ago
Just wondering, what did you use to progam it? i'm guessing VC++ .. ?

edit: oh and ofcourse great demo funny stunts, and trying to keep 2 cars on the road is cool too :D

[edited by - BdR on September 21, 2003 3:46:29 PM]
Advertisement
Got to agree w/ what a few others said.

It''s so fun to crash at 400-500 km/s.
quote:
Just wondering, what did you use to progam it? i'm guessing VC++ .. ?

I write it in VC++6

quote:
have the same problem as GroZZleR, except that I can't get it to run on my desktop. If I put it on my laptop it says it has a high FPS, but goes--freeze--go--freeze--go, etc.

It sometimes happens to me. But actually sometimes and could not find the solution for now(probably slow computers have the problem much).

I know the car is hard to control. I made it as real as it can be. I have the impression that real car physics is not that funny. You know you can't turn much when you go at 150 kmh
and at 200kmh you probably cannot turn!.
Another problem in physics is input is only on/off type. If the player presses left turn key ,i did not know how much he needs to turn also it is true for brake and gas. I tried somewhat intelligent things but it partially worked.

quote:
Edit: After having the game hang on startup I finally was able to read the full thing and find out that "h" was help already. F1 is the standard help key, and you should put how to get the help screen at the TOP rather than the bottom.

Yea you're right F1 is more suitable.
quote:
Lastly, could you post the function you're using to initialize D3D? I want to see what exactly you and other people are doing that is making my desktop PC keep saying "could not initialize direct 3d," because I have had no trouble whatsoever with my own programs.

hr=m_pD3D->CreateDevice( D3DADAPTER_DEFAULT, D3DDEVTYPE_HAL, hWnd, D3DCREATE_SOFTWARE_VERTEXPROCESSING, &d3dpp, &m_pd3dDevice );

It is discussed here at sometime D3DCREATE_SOFTWARE_VERTEXPROCESSING should be used
when creating the device. If avaible directx uses hardware processing even you use this flag.

[edited by - beehorf on September 22, 2003 7:11:21 AM]
be yourself.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement