For Chunked LOD people- texturing

Started by
2 comments, last by okonomiyaki 20 years, 8 months ago
I''m curious- to any who is using Chunked LOD, did you use Ulrich''s proposed texturing scheme? You compute the minimum resolution for every chunk at runtime. Seems like there''s a lot of computations going on just for texturing. If so, wouldn''t you see artifacts? When going from one resolution of a texture to another, they won''t necassarily be aligned. If not, what other texturing techniques did you use? There are plenty of ways to take advantage of the Chunked LOD structure I''m sure. This is my first attempt at detailed texturing, however, so my ability to come up with a different way is pretty limited. (I''d like to use 3 or so textures, too). Thanks!
Advertisement
Wow! Now I seriously ask this question: does anyone use Chunked LOD? I''ve really started to notice a lack of activity with the technique. That''s really weird ''cause I love it.
I know I can''t expect I post within hours, but it just reminds me how little people use this technique!
I use ChunkedLOD, works really great. For the texturing I simply have a base texture covering the entire heightmap and then some detail textures, which looks pretty good.
quote:Original post by swx
I use ChunkedLOD, works really great. For the texturing I simply have a base texture covering the entire heightmap and then some detail textures, which looks pretty good.

Yeah, I know of that technique. I was hoping for a little more advanced one though, that doesn''t quite impress/satisfy me. Thanks though! Glad to know there is one other person that uses it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement