VC++ auto-complete feature and opengl

Started by
11 comments, last by glUser3f 20 years, 8 months ago
is there anyway I can get them to work together, what I mean is: is there a way to get VC++ to complete function names and list structures vars when I press ctrl+space?
Advertisement
I don''t use VC, but doesn''t including the appropriate headers do that (plus, of course, you have to have autocomplete turned on)?
"Literally, it means that Bob is everything you can think of, but not dead; i.e., Bob is a purple-spotted, yellow-striped bumblebee/dragon/pterodactyl hybrid with a voracious addiction to Twix candy bars, but not dead."- kSquared
Try something like VisualAssist from http://www.wholetomato.com/. The auto complete feature on there is fantastic, along with everything else it does. Its cost about £25/$29, but its worth every penny
nope, for some reason vc++ auto-completes my own classes and functions but doesn't complete OpenGL ones, I'm checking visual assist right now.

[edited by - glUser3f on August 16, 2003 8:04:37 AM]
Uh.. VC++ auto-completes things other than member functions?
er.. I mean like you do CLASSVARIABLE.something auto complete always shows up after the .

[edited by - uber_n00b on August 16, 2003 8:59:44 AM]
My fellow Americans I have just signed legislation that outlaws Russia forever. Bombing will commence in five minutes.
Get VC++.NET
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Get VC++.NET

nah, it''s .NOT
The auto-complete feature in VS6 is well < pun value="bad">less than complete< /pun>. It works for most of the built in and included files and sometimes your own, but rarely works reliably with third party includes.

As was stated above you have two options if you want autocomplete:

1) Get Visual Assist. It really is something that you should use if you use VS6. It's really not that expensive either for the amount of frustration you will save.

2) Get VS.NET. The auto-complete in Visual Studio.NET is much better. It actually works .

-timiscool999
"I like waffles. Especially with syrup." -me

XBox controller v2.0

click for bigger picture

[edited by - timiscool999 on August 16, 2003 8:29:20 PM]

[edited by - timiscool999 on August 16, 2003 8:30:00 PM]
-timiscool999"I like waffles. Especially with syrup." -me
XBox controller v2.0

click for bigger picture
isn''t .NET code different from 6.0? I mean will NeHe tuts compile on VC++ .NET?
And if so, do they require .NET runtime to work?
I use VS.NET and nehe''s code works just fine. VS.NET is MUCH better than VC 6 even if you don''t use the .NET futures (I don''t). The auto complete function wotks for Opengl too

wherever we ride it''''s metal we bring
wherever we ride it''s metal we bring

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement