Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirectX 7.0 DirectDraw Blt Bug?

This topic is 5228 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So far I have successfully loaded bitmaps to DirectDraw surfaces and flip them to create animation. Right now I am trying to mirror an image and the most peculiar thing happens. Snippets of my code as follows. The mirror (and color key) works only if the destination rectangle has a different height/width than the source rectangle. Otherwise, I can Blt to the destination, but no mirror and no transparency.

destRect.top = y;
destRect.left = x;
destRect.bottom = y + width;
destRect.right = x + height;

ZeroMemory( &ddfx, sizeof( ddfx ) );
ddfx.dwSize = sizeof( ddfx );
ddfx.dwDDFX = DDBLTFX_MIRRORLEFTRIGHT;

result = pCanvas->Blt( &destRect, pSurface, &srcRect, DDBLT_KEYSRC | DDBLT_DDFX, &ddfx );

The code as above will blt the image from pSurface to pCanvas. However it will not mirror or use transparency when blitting. Yet if I add one to destRect.bottom or destRect.right, it works. Of course the image is thus a little distorted due to stretching. Just hoping that someone else has also come across this and know what is going on...? [edited by - flamewill on August 15, 2003 11:57:34 AM]