HWND g_hwnd = NULL; // gobal handler

bool CreateWindowApp(HWND, HINSTANCE, char[]);

int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstance,
				   LPSTR lpstrCmdLine, int iCmdShow)
{
   //passing g_hwnd through CreateWindowApp

CreateWindowApp(g_hwnd, hInstance, clsn); 
}

bool CreateWindowApp(HWND hwnd, HINSTANCE hinstance, char classn[])
{
	hwnd = CreateWindowEx(NULL,
				classn,
				"Yahooo",
				WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW,
				CW_USEDEFAULT,
				CW_USEDEFAULT,
				GetDesktopWindow(),
				NULL,
				hinstance,
				NULL);
	if(hwnd)
	{
		return true;
	}
	else
	{
		return false;
	}
}
Question: Why it won''t initialize my g_hwnd in CreateWindowApp()... when i pass to it...... Thanks :-)
:-)
Advertisement
g_hwnd is global

you make a call to "CreateWindowApp(g_hwnd, hInstance, clsn); "
this call sends a copy of g_hwnd (call by value) , the function will change the copy and not g_hwnd;

just change CreateWindowApp to

bool CreateWindowApp( HINSTANCE hinstance, char classn[])
{ g_hwnd = CreateWindowEx(...)
}

no need to pass a global varible , since its global , just change it in every function you want
First off, since the HWND is global, you don''t need to pass it to the function. But I assume you''re looking for a little more modularity in the end, so the reason it''s not working may be that you need to pass a pointer to the HWND and have the function accept a pointer to an HWND. I can''t remember if HWND is actually a typdefed-over pointer. If it is, I would probably be wrong...

The only other thought I have is that you never registered the class name, but I imagine you did that. Oh, and maybe for the parent window, try NULL instead of GetDesktopWindow().

-Auron
Or you could use pass-by-reference instead of pass-by-value:

bool CreateWindowApp(HWND&, HINSTANCE, char[]);

With that ampersand in there (and in the function itself, too) it should work with no changes.

Superpig
- saving pigs from untimely fates, and when he''s not doing that, runs The Binary Refinery.
Enginuity1 | Enginuity2 | Enginuity3 | Enginuity4

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement