• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Corrail

Best fitting Line

This topic is 5427 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all! I''m searching for an algorithm for calculating the best fitting line (in 3D) of a couple of points. Any hints? Thanks a lot -------------------------------------------------------- "If it looks good, it is good computer graphics" "If it looks like computer graphics, it is bad computer graphics" Corrail corrail@gmx.at ICQ#59184081

Advertisement
Umm... could you be more specific (I can''t understand your wording). Do you mean, you have two points and you want to define a line (a vector) between them and find its length?

I believe he''s referring to best-fit lines like those used in chart-plotting programs to show a trend. I''m pretty sure the way they do it is by taking the average of the slopes of adjacent points.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!