• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skinning with Flexporter ( or anything for that matter )

This topic is 5274 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Has anyone here had a chance to mess around with exporting Skinning Data from flexporter? We''re using the Skin modifier, and I can get all the data into our engine. The problem is that, while I can get the root node of the skeleton animating properly, anything further along the heirarchy is horribly transformed. What do I need to propegate along the heirarchy? The accumulation of animation data, but what else? Do I need to take the pivots into account? I''m transforming my offset vectors into bone space by multiplying them by the inverse of the bone matrix, which is simply the position, rotation and scale. I then multiply the vertice by the animation data for that node, concatinated with all the animation data from parent nodes. Is this right? Can someone help me our here?

Advertisement
I don''t think the bone positions in max are hierarchical. That is, I think you''re getting the absolute position of the bones, not the position relative to the parent. Try that and see if it works.

• Advertisement