->This<- is driving med mad

Started by
6 comments, last by the_recon 20 years, 8 months ago
Okay, I''ve just formatted my drive and reinstalled all the goodies I used to have right before I crunched everything. I have my Winamp, my ICQ and my beloved Visual C++ 6.0. Now, I thought "No Biggie. It''s just to reinstall and everything will be good and fine again.", but nooo. I''ve lost one feature of Visual C++ 6.0 which I really liked. The feature where you only type a dot after a structured variable and the compiler gives you a list of everything that little structured variable contained. Example: STRUCT ABC {bla blab bla}; ABC abc; abc. Now, this feature kicks in only when I make my own class or struct, but when I use a predefined class, like the WNDCLASS, then it doesn''t do jack! WNDCLASS wnd; wnd. My compiler even showed a list of variables when I was working with the WNDCLASS but won''t do it anymore. How do I turn this feature on again, or how do I fix this problem alltogether? Js
Js
Advertisement
do you have any syntax errors? sometimes it ''knocks out'' what your working on.

Game Core
Syntax errors? What did you have in mind?
Js
Maybe you installed a new SP over it and WNDCLSS is no longer in the default header, try WNDCLSSEX

[edited by - Siaon on August 15, 2003 8:19:31 PM]
---Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift and that's why it's called the present.
Sometimes that feature refuses to work for me too. Adding the header files which define the structure to your workspace helps.

I''ve heard some people recommend a product called Visual Assist, an addon to VS. Seems it has a few nice features to make coding easier. Could be a good buy IMO.
I have had a similar problem, but mine has to do with functions. Pre-defined functions, and even my own functions (some of the time), when i type out the name

SomeFunction(

it would popup a little tool text tip and show me the different arguments the function requires. It''s real nice, but now I dont have it anymore.

Sucks

Dustin Davis
Owner / CEO
Programmers Unlimited
www.Programmers-Unlimited.com
Dustin DavisOwner / CEOProgrammers Unlimitedwww.Programmers-Unlimited.com
I''ve found where you can download a trial version of Visual Assist 6.0.

http://download.com.com/3000-2212-10192393.html

It fixed my problem anyway =) (But I had to let it reparse my headerfiles, it will tell you this, by pressing "reparse" =)
Js
quote:Original post by the_recon
I''ve found where you can download a trial version of Visual Assist 6.0.

http://download.com.com/3000-2212-10192393.html

It fixed my problem anyway =) (But I had to let it reparse my headerfiles, it will tell you this, by pressing "reparse" =)

how do you reparse, I looked for this option but didn''t find one, my problem is that OpenGL functions aren''t autocompleted
And I don''t won''t to pay money for something VC++ is supposed to have cough visual assist cough

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement