a tips on math

Started by
4 comments, last by headshot 20 years, 8 months ago
well, i''m OK at math, but i really don''t like it, i''m a bourn and bread english type of guy, but i live coding, so i need to learn the math involved, i''m a freshman i highschool, so i''ve got a lot left to learn, but i just need to ask, can anyone give tip on making the math EZer to learn? i know it''s mostly just banging alway at it, but there a trick or 2 along the way that some of you have picked up, any one have any ideas
i am god!
Advertisement
get supplementary books chock full of problems and solutions like the ubiquitous "Shaums" guides. Practicing many problems in addition to your homework problems is the only sure fire way to master it. I need to take my own advice sometime! Math is frequently abstract, so a lot of visualization has to go on in your mind. Try and find parallels in math and life as that helps open your mind up a bit. You''ll find your way.
Well, R2D22U2..
Just staying in school is your best bet . All the basics you need are more than covered by high school math. A lot of the more advanced stuff you don''t really need to know, just know how to use it.
____________________________________________________________AAAAA: American Association Against Adobe AcrobatYou know you hate PDFs...
Definitly, and even yet, if you find yourself having problems spend some time after school with your teacher. If she/he assigns even problems only, do both them and the odd. Check your answers and if one is wrong do it over again until you find what you missed.

Most of the time, its not learning it that is the big problem, yet the simple mistakes you make while solving...

Take your time at it, it will all fall in place!
Mark A. Drake
OnSlaught Games
Mark Drake
Also take the highest math courses that you have the pre-requisites for, that even if it is more work, it is a lot more rewarding when you can learn all of the math you need faster. Also doing problems with programming that could apply the new maths would help cement both programming and math skills.
EDIT:When all else fails, get a TI-89, it does math for you.

[edited by - bastard2k5 on August 15, 2003 10:45:24 PM]
i have a TI-83, it a requirement for my school:D,

thats guys, i'm trying but doing it is harder then disiding you going to do it:D

all the same thatnks for incurigment, i think i'll make it thrught(or die trying, but thats not my first choise:D)

[edited by - headshot on August 16, 2003 10:39:40 AM]
i am god!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement