• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stencil shadows and md2

This topic is 5300 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm currently working on implementing stencil shadows for md2 models. The shadows mostly look good; however, on some models there are a few annoying artifacts. They look like extra quads that somehow got included in the shadow volume, throwing off the count. After some inspection, I believe they are caused by inconsistencies in the md2 tris. For example, I downloaded the bauul model from polycount and found the following data: tri 516: i1 176, i2 183, i3 197 tri 512: i1 198, i2 183, i3 197 It appears these two tris share an edge, but both vertex indices should not agree like this if all the tris are wound the same way. I also found some edges shared by more than two tris. First, do you think this is my problem? Are these things needed by the GLcommands (which I don't use)? If this is my problem, what can be done? I don't really have good 3d modeling software at the moment, so could someone please point me to something free that will take care of this or maybe a good tutorial on mesh optimization. Thanks in advance. [edited by - UnIcron on August 16, 2003 2:56:04 AM]

Advertisement

• Advertisement