• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

updating angular velocity

This topic is 5364 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

ok..i''m having a problem with my game. i have already implemented phisics and now i start to compute the keyboard entry. I don''t need a realistic game, so when the user press -> <- or something like this i just calc an angle that the object will spin or turn right/left. So i update the quaternion properly. But i don''t know how to update the angular velocity. How can i do that? imagine: initial angular_velocity = Vetor3d(0,0,0); user press -> so the object will turn right....when the user press -> i''m making the object rotate around the y axis for 10 degrees. so in the next frame 9, next 8...7 ...6 ..0 So..i simulate inertia. My question is...how can i update the angular_velocity when i''m using something like this?

Advertisement
Can you create a rotation quaternion (in this case, a quaternion which is equivalent to a rotation of angle theta around the y axis) ? If you can, then each frame just create the rotation quaternion corresponding to the angle you want to rotate, and multiply your current quaternion with it.

ToohrVyk

• Advertisement