CreateSurfaceFromResource

Started by
0 comments, last by ck 23 years, 9 months ago
While programming DirectX7 in visual basic, I am trying to use the CreateSurfaceFromResource() function to load a bitmap from a resource file. But this just comes up with an error. I tried loading from normal resource files and from vb created external files, but the same error keeps appearing. Has anybody ever gotten this function to work properly? Thanks...
Advertisement
I''ve switched from VB to Assembler so I don''t remember every as clearly... but I think that refers to a resource included in the vb project, you can include one resource file within a project with whatever you want in it. You can''t just open an obj or res file with those calls it must be in a module (exe or dll) so you could write a dll which loads a bunch of internal picture''s onto surfaces and then passes there handles or something...
- Ben
__________________________Mencken's Law:"For every human problem, there is a neat, simple solution; and it's always wrong."
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."- Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science in 1949

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement