Pushing your hero to the limit

Started by
10 comments, last by Rochnarand 20 years, 7 months ago
Being pushed to my limits is not my idea of fun. When Spider Man is doing his thing, and you''re really into the story, you''re aware that if he messes up, he dies. You are genuinely worried about Parker''s welfare. "How is he going to get out of this?" When he does, it''s because he''s brilliant, has a unusual strength of will and character, and is using every last bit of his energy, wits, stamina, etc to get out of it. They never show what happens just after he''s defeated his foes, but I''m sure it involves a long nap. I do not want to be challenged to this degree in a game, but I want the player to have that same empathy for his character if I can manage it.

Personally I think challenge is one of the least important parts of gameplay. The activity of playing the game should actually be fun. None of my favorite games are particularly difficult. But then again, this is a matter of taste.

Put on probation for insulting the President of the United States of America.

Happy Big Fun
Happy Big FunWeeelll!!!President Bush is a bitchHe's a big fat bitchHe's the biggest bitch in the whole wide world
Advertisement
Well you can give the impression of being in over your head. For example the boss fights in MGS2, namely fighting 20 mechs, fighting a Harrier 2 jet and fighting a superhuman bullet dodging Vamp.
In the mech fight against Metal Gear Ray they just kept on coming, and when you ''beat'' them you were shown an FMV where the character admits defeat as they just keep coming.

In the battle against Vamp he went crazy! Dogding shots and leaping all around the room.

Fighting against a jet you were bombarded by the jets entire payload. Missles, gunfire, bombs....the lot!
Cheers, comrade Kyle Evans,Artificial entertainment [Movie/Game Reviews]Contact: kyser3152@yahoo.com.au

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement