• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hellhound

BoundingBox Problem

This topic is 5393 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, i''ve problems to realize a BoundingBox collision detection in my application at the point of horizontal rotation. I''ve implemented a collision detection where i map the 3d coords of the BoundingBox to 2d coords with gluProject. These coords i check up with the mouse coords and show a 2d-text on the screen for object identification during collision. All works realy fine. The problem is, that this check fails when i realize a x-Axis rotation (y-Axis rotation works fine) by mouse rotation. In this case i got an correct inverse object movement, but the mapping of the mouse coords is identical to the mouse movement (Mouse up -> Box up but Object down !)... I don''t know why this S!@t is happend. Knows anyone a solution or can tell my what i do wrong? Thx 4 any help Christian

Advertisement
Sounds like you''re getting coordinate systems mixed up. Remember that OpenGL''s orthographic coordinate system has the origin at the BOTTOM-left of the screen, as opposed to Windows''s system with the origin at the TOP-left.

I know that, but how should i handle it? The mapping is done by openGL with gluProject and should be correct and why the object is moved vice versa the BoundingBox which is normaly an object too ?

First I thougth there could be a problem with the viewMatrix, but this is not the problem...

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!