Fastest method to scroll the screen?

Started by
3 comments, last by Damocles 20 years, 8 months ago
Is there a fast method in OGL to move a large section of the screen at once?
------------------------------------------[New Delta Games] | [Sliders]
Advertisement
WTF?! You mean the camera?!

"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
Member of the Shove Pouya Off A Cliff club, SPOAC. (If you wish to join, add this line to your signature.)Member of "Un-Ban nes8bit" association, UNA (to join put this in your sig)"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
No, I mean the screen pixel data. I want to move the screen data quickly if possible.
you mean scrolling a sub section of the screen? you could render your scene to an off sceen buffer (texture) and then create a subImage with the section you want to offset and then blend i back on to the original image at an offset position.
That''s one approach. The reason I need it is becasue I''m making a 2D game with scrolling and would like to be able to shift the screen contents in a given direction and then simply render the new area, saving the need to re-render the entire screen.

I want to optimise it to high heaven so it runs on older systems, and they don''t like rendering the entire game scene every frame :/ They probably also won''t like rendering to an buffer then copying them into the screen at an offset.

So is there no way at all to offset the screen contents quickly?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement