• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

V3rt3x

What's the f*** with MinGW ¿?

This topic is 5448 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, Recently I decided to try other C/C++ compilers (under MS Windows) so I looked at GCC, I installed GCC 2.95.2 and I compiled my OpenGL app correctly, without any problem. Then I tried MinGW (with cygwin) but I got crappy results with the same code I don't understand why? isn't mingw the win32's gcc version? this is what I have with "GCC 2.95.2" or MSVC++ 6.0: Now with MinGW: (On the second screen, OpenGL lighting doesn't works properly.) Why that??? [edited by - V3rt3x on August 17, 2003 10:36:11 AM]

Advertisement
Thats seems quite strange.

So if I understand right they both running on windows, both OpenGl just differnt compilers.

Youv''e probably checked if the source is the same same already and project settings identicle but I would tripple check.

Clutching at straws here probably but try turning off all optimisation compiler switches if any with both compilers and see what happens.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!