• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Visual Basic & Direct X

This topic is 5273 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Can anyone explain to me exactly what the problem is with the Idea of Visual Basic being able to produce 3D Real-Time games, through the use of Direct X. I''ve been looking through the forums for awhile now and everyone is saying "VB & Direct X...Only use those if you want to make 2d tile games!" Why? VB is easier to Learn than C++ and from sample code i''ve been looking at for a few days now is perfectly capable of creating some excellent 3D Games, with very high frame rates. I know that C++ is capable of a whole lot more (and by saying that i''ve probably answered my own question) but surely there has to be some other reason I''m not aware of? Is there?

Advertisement
you can do almost anything using vb. the only bad thing in vb is its data types. also it requires vb runtime library.

=================================================

What we do in life, echoes in eternity!

If you are talking about VB 6 than forget about any good 3D high frame-rate game. VB .Net is much much much much (...) better than VB 6 and is OO.

"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"

• Advertisement