• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FunkyB

3d flight and issues with matrices

This topic is 5450 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ello, wonder if anyone could help me. I''m pretty good at maths but unfortunately my screwed up Maths syllabus meant that at no point have I studied matrices and I fear that they may hold the answer to this question. I have a 3d object for which I have a struct containing its X, Y and Z positions and its X, Y and Z rotations (relative to the global axis). I want to rotate it along *ITS* X or Y axis (that is to rotate on its Y axis would be to turn left or right as it sees) and yet for the data in the struct to be kept correct. I know that I could apply the X Y and Z rotations to the rotation matrix and then apply the rotation that I want but I don''t know how to extract the result out and update the struct with it. Thanks very much Ian (By the way, if any people know of a good ''Maths for 3d programming'' website then a URL would be greatly appreciated!)

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!