Jump to content
  • Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

raklar

switching DX 9 code between diff hardware

This topic is 5394 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

I''m having this weird problem with my DX9 code. It has always worked fine on my original computer system,(Athlon 1.13Ghz, GForce 2 vid card) but whenever I try running the code on another system (recompiling it and everything) the rendering is all garbled. Each triangle displayed on the screen is shown as nothing more than several dots in the vague form of the triangle. I never thought to much of it before because it worked fine on my pc. Unfortunatly my motherboard died and I had to replace some parts in my pc. and now it is doing it on my computer as well. I''ve tried a few things and searching but I can''t seem to find why this is happening. If any one has any ideas I would really appreciate the help. thanks,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
Have you cleared the z-buffer / stencil buffer ?
Is the frustrum set correctly?

____________________________________________________________
Try RealityRift at www.planetrift.com
Feel free to comment, object, laugh at or agree to this. I won''t engage in flaming because of what I have said.
I could be wrong or right but the ideas are mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Actually I think I found the problem. Looks like it was to do with the stecile buffer. Thanks for suggesting it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
quote:
Original post by raklar
Actually I think I found the problem. Looks like it was to do
with the stecile buffer. Thanks for suggesting it.


You mean your old hardware cleared the stencil buffer for you
and the new one does not?





Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Actually what is was is I had the stecile buffer set, So I set it to false and everything seemed to show up properly. I guess it was the color format I was using for the buffer. I''ll have to play around with it later, but I''m not even sure why I had the stecil buffer set in the first place, must have been some old code that just got left behind...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!