Defect Reports v0.03

Started by
10 comments, last by khawk 20 years, 8 months ago
ive found a serious problem/bug, has maybe something todo with Martels PS error:
when i compile my bot in Release version (no Optimizations enabled) and try to run it the arena Crashes (stop working, is frozen...), using the same source and enabling some optimizations it runs fine no freezes no errors, ive try'd to debug the error but all i got is that it was hanging somewhere in the nvoglnt.dll, ive also checked it on a different computer and without! a outputwindows from my dll. nothing helped...

hmm strange, now my debug version doesnt want to run from VCNET (same freeze)!?!?! hmm but ive only changed the releaseconfig?!? HELP
->it looks like a endless while(ogl_isnt_working) init_gl; ?!
[edit] f10 still works but no calls to update and no running timer...[edit]

-Next (doesnt need a fix till contest starts ): maybe not a real bug/problem, but iam using VC7/NET and i think khawk will not be able to compile my code (the projectfiles are not compatible with vc6?! and code like "int a;for(int a;" isnt allowed in vc6), what will happen when the contest starts? do i have to downgrade to vc6? or is it enough to supply the source (it could be not the same source, used to compile the dll?!)

-Debug/Release is still working wrong, i mean debug has a timeout warning and release does nothing to make the cpu eater loose the match (or has it to be this way???)

if an object is inside the LOF(!?) not in the FOV an angle of 180 or an angle not in the FOV would be good otherwhise the bots cant decide if its directly in front or somewhere behind...

PS: sorry for posting more than a list

T2k

[edited by - T2k on August 18, 2003 2:24:05 PM]
Advertisement
I hope to have these problems fixed with the next minor update (0.035).

Admin for GameDev.net.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement