• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Current Memory-Usage of a process

This topic is 5269 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How can i get the currently used memory(physical and virtual) of a process? Peter Gmeiner

Advertisement
In case you''re using Windows NT/2k/XP you can get all of those by using the task manager. In the ''Prozesse'' Tab it''ll show you the process name, CPU usage and memory usage.
Via ''Ansicht > Spalten Auswählen...'' you can select a wide variety of additional parameters you want to see.

If you don''t... Go to the thread Processor is being hijacked.. The topic is a little different, but they mention quite a few tools that do the same.

But which function provide the same information the task-manager shows. I need this information in a part of my program.

Peter Gmeiner

Guest Anonymous Poster
http://www.codeguru.com/system/PList.html should help get you started, but there are more api calls you''ll need to make a complete task manager-like app.

Thanks for the link at codeguru.com it helped me find the correct function (GetProcessMemoryInfo()).

Peter Gmeiner

• Advertisement