How successful is successful?

Started by
4 comments, last by paulbird 20 years, 8 months ago
Hello, not really a programming question this - unless you count HTML as programming. But I was wondering, whats the minimum number of hits on a website, would you say, that you could call it "successful"? Is it 1000 a day? 100 an hour? or 100 a minute? Do you know where I can find statistical information about percentage of websites on Google with more than 100 hits a day for instance? Hope you can help. thanks.
Advertisement
Depends on the goals of the website.
CYer, Blitz
People have different levels of success.

To me, personally, success would be when people actually started to go to my site.

To others, success might be when they hit 1 million hits or they start getting paid alot for their site.

It''s all relative
Success is when you're satisfied with what you've accomplished and are ready and willing to adapt to necessary change.

If your goal is to get a certain number of hits, you need to find a way to make people interested in going there, and to come back afterwards.

If you get 10 hits a day, it means your link is attracting interest.
If you get 100 hits a day, you can be sure you are getting regular visitors.
If you get 1000 hits a day, hopefully you're feeding the masses, otherwise the number could drop quickly.

[edited by - Waverider on August 18, 2003 4:29:50 PM]
It's not what you're taught, it's what you learn.
I would say that if you have consant traffic and you have people returning to your site regularly then I''d say you''ve got a good site..

However if its just for a small shop then maybe if you have visitors buying it really doesn''t matter to you if they come back as long as they purchase once or twice.. ie its better to have 100 buyers that only visit a few times then to have 100 people that come and visit 40 times a day and never buy

Please visit Turt99 Productions
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER OR MY BLOG
I''ve worked on sites with daily hitcounts from 10 to 10,000 uniques.

It always felt the same pretty much. Yeah its good to know that people are seeing it, but after you get over the initial high of "wow I have Interweb fame!!!" it is really just more work. More emails, more traffic, more submissions to sort through, and more people to communicate with on staff.

If you''re having fun, thats all that counts. Traffic should be used for statistical analysis and whatnot, not as a sort of pissing contest (which a lot of fansites degrade into eventually).
--God has paid us the intolerable compliment of loving us, in the deepest, most tragic, most inexorable sense.- C.S. Lewis

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement