Render Function Called Twice!?

Started by
3 comments, last by DavidClarke 20 years, 8 months ago
I''ve noticed that my render function is called twice (from MyApp.cpp) whenever my vertices have changed once. There is one call to the render function (in a file called d3dapp.cpp)? (Here''s a snippet of my code from d3dapp.cpp) HRESULT CD3DApplication::Render3DEnvironment() { HRESULT hr; // Render the scene as normal if( FAILED( hr = Render() ) ) return hr; // Show the frame on the primary surface. hr = g_pDirect3DDevice->Present( NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL ); if( D3DERR_DEVICELOST == hr ) m_bDeviceLost = true; return S_OK; } (Here''s a snippet of my code from MyApp.cpp) HRESULT CAppForm::Render() { // Clear the viewport g_pDirect3DDevice->Clear( 0L, NULL, D3DCLEAR_TARGET|D3DCLEAR_ZBUFFER,0x00000000, 1.0f, 0L ); UpdateVertices(); // Begin the scene if(SUCCEEDED(g_pDirect3DDevice->BeginScene())) // g_pDirect3DDevice->EndScene();// } return S_OK; }
Advertisement
Huh?!? Explain what your talking about please heh
Your calling render in your UpdateVertices code.

[Edited by - RapidStunna on October 18, 2005 2:13:06 PM]
Looks like someone is playing with the VC++ MFC/DirectX app wizard

What you are looking at is one render loop. It''s the sequence that''s confusing you..

Look at "CApp::OnIdle()" It uses a global instance of a "CAppForm" to check for lost surfaces and render the scene.

CAppForm::RenderScene() simply calls Render3DEnvironment(). As CAppForm is derived partly from CD3DApplication, look at CD3DApplication::Render3DEnvironment().

This is where rendering begins and ends. Because CAppForm is also derived from CFormView, when (in this case) Render3DEnvironment() calls Render() it''s actually calling CAppForm::Render() - Your apparent second render function is in fact where your app should do all it''s drawing.

Sometime after calling Render(), Render3DEnvironment() finishes the rendering process with "m_pd3dDevice->Present()".

Messing in the murky waters of the MFC framework isn''t recommended without a life-vest
quote:Original post by DavidClarke
I''ve noticed that my render function is called twice (from MyApp.cpp) whenever my vertices have changed once. There is one call to the render function (in a file called d3dapp.cpp)?

Then change it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement