MASM32 WTF IS THIS.......

Started by
16 comments, last by Mihail121 20 years, 8 months ago
Look everybody,no harm but i''ve been working with the M$ products since i know myself,know the platform SDK on my 53 fingers and recently i begann to understand that some other cool things like Solaris,UNIX etc. exist.I have nothing agains the macros but i have some stuff agains microsoft''s products lately.MFC was a complete junk,now .NET and finaly i find a ASM which doesn''t look much like ASM but like some weird of port of C.I''ve checked the NASM before 3 hours and i''m pretty much that i''ll first learn the asm basics since the NASM looks on very high level for me in the moment.I''ll use the TurboASM for learning purposes but not that MASM cause...well...uhhh...IT SUX

"Tonight we strike,there is thunder in the sky,together we''ll fight,some of us will die,but they''ll always remember that we''ve made a stand and many will die by hand!" - ManOwaR
Advertisement
quote:Why don't u hide yourself somewhere?

When faced with logical arguments this is a good response. Kudos.

If you are writing for stuff like Solaris wouldn't you want C anyway? Wouldn't the instruction set be different?

Besides it sounds like MASM would work ok, you don't have to use the macros.

[edited by - antareus on August 18, 2003 4:56:52 PM]
--God has paid us the intolerable compliment of loving us, in the deepest, most tragic, most inexorable sense.- C.S. Lewis
quote:Original post by Mihail121
omfg teh M$ and teh Micro$oft are bad!!1~` I don''t want to work f45t3r with 1nv0ke M$ Micro$soft lmao M$ (linux rockz)

M$ lool I''am smart can yuo tell??

"†ðñïgh† wê §†rïkê,†hêrê ï§ †hµñÐêr ïñ †hê §k¥,†ðgê†hêr wê''ll £ïgh†,§ðmê 𣠵§ wïll Ðïê,ßµ† †hê¥''ll ålw奧 rêmêmßêr †hå† wê''vê måÐê å §†åñÐ åñÐ måñ¥ wïll Ðïê ߥ håñÐ!" - ManOwaR

Yep...

James Simmons
MindEngine Development
http://medev.sourceforge.net
Wow, this has gotten stupid. Anyway, I don''t code with macros in ASM, nor do I recommend it because it clutters your code. BTW, I don''t really care about anyone else''s opinion so flame all you want that I don''t like MASM or the silly macro syntax, quite frankly, I don''t give a damn.
quote:Original post by neurokaotix
quote:Original post by Mihail121
omfg teh M$ and teh Micro$oft are bad!!1~` I don''t want to work f45t3r with 1nv0ke M$ Micro$soft lmao M$ (linux rockz)

M$ lool I''am smart can yuo tell??

"†ðñïgh† wê §†rïkê,†hêrê ï§ †hµñÐêr ïñ †hê §k¥,†ðgê†hêr wê''ll £ïgh†,§ðmê 𣠵§ wïll Ðïê,ßµ† †hê¥''ll ålw奧 rêmêmßêr †hå† wê''vê måÐê å §†åñÐ åñÐ måñ¥ wïll Ðïê ߥ håñÐ!" - ManOwaR

Yep...

James Simmons
MindEngine Development
http://medev.sourceforge.net

Hmmm...i got it!Something''s wrong with that GD''s quote system.Yeah that shoud be it!

"Tonight we strike,there is thunder in the sky,together we''ll fight,some of us will die,but they''ll always remember that we''ve made a stand and many will die by hand!" - ManOwaR
You can code in good old push-call syntax if you want to. MASM32 supports high-level syntax assembly (simple control structures, macros, INVOKE, etc.) AND the older low-level mnemonic only syntax.
After long thinking i decided to give it a go with the MASM.Thanks to all the people that actually helped me with ideas and thank to the flamers for supporting the fire in this heat.Anyway,10x....

P.S.
Come here MASM it won''t hurt....much!

Anytime

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement