Using Full Screen 1024x768 16bit

Started by
13 comments, last by Swatter555 20 years, 8 months ago
if 565 is no good, what is??
Advertisement
http://counter15.bravenet.com/index.php?id=368797&type=screen&usernum=1268607388

This shows me that your picking the most popular resolution and that most of the other resolutions out there are higher then what your choosing.. now this is a small group too look at.. and its looking at websites not playing games.. so you can judge as you please

Please visit Turt99 Productions
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER OR MY BLOG
quote:Original post by Wildfire
Would it be too much trouble to allow the user to select the resolution (s)he prefers?

It comes down to many factors, not the least of which is my lack of experience. I could go in a windowed mode, which will force me to support different resolutions, but I will have to have a differnt set of calculations for any number of possible resolutions. While I could do this, my current setup couldnt even test a few resolutions my possible users might employ.

The artwork looks real good in that mode, and the simplification is very alluring. The higher resolultion also allows me to convey more information neatly.

I guess it will come down to what people who test my game say. If I find a lot of people cant run it, I will make a 640x480 mode.

Thanks for the input everyone, I feel more confident of the situation now.

I like those numbers

I didnt realize I was so behind. I need a new monitor. Now that I mention it; my 1ghz is starting to remind me of my 486sx 33 when it comes to buying new games

quote:Original post by Turt99
http://counter15.bravenet.com/index.php?id=368797&type=screen&usernum=1268607388

This shows me that your picking the most popular resolution and that most of the other resolutions out there are higher then what your choosing.. now this is a small group too look at.. and its looking at websites not playing games.. so you can judge as you please

Please visit Turt99 Productions

quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
if 565 is no good, what is??

Enumerating the card''s supported modes is.

Some do use 555, you know. Others can''t support 24-bit colour. And still others (older ones) can''t even support 32-bit colour.

The only really "safe" mode is 256 colours.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement