• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what the **** is doing this???

This topic is 6452 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am trying to get .x files into emmediate mode. When I compile using either the D3DFrame(D3DFile) library or the one frome MRGameMaker.com I get the same error And I cant for the life of me figure out where it comes from. The error is an unresolved external about DirectXFileCreate() or something. I dont understand I can compile the dxfile program that comes with the SDK but not my own Thanx for the help (kid)

Advertisement
Typical DirectX error.

The reason it happens is that you forget to include a lib file.
and the reason the dxfile program works is that you probably use the workspace that comes with it and in it they have already included the required lib files.

I included every lib that the .x file demo includes!!! and then some.

Does using X files in IM require the inclusion of the RM lib?

Guest Anonymous Poster
IIRC, DirectxFileCreate should be in D3DFrame.lib. Double check that it''s included, and make sure that your linking with the most recent version of it.

Hope this helps,

Don

Check that the DirectX SDK lib and header folders are at the top of the include list. Otherwise it uses DirectX 3 instead of the version you have in the SDK.

------------------------------
#pragma twice

Thanx guys I solved the problem id didn''t have the d3dxof.lib file included I dont know why that changed anything but it works now!!

• Advertisement