Export Animations from Maya in what format?

Started by
10 comments, last by cbmeredith 20 years, 8 months ago
And can someone help me? I''ve not found the little button in Maya that lets me make music, gameplay, or other things? Am I just missing something? (Sorry Amma, it''s just painfully obvious you didn''t read the rest of the forum). I looked it up on the web about writting an exporter for Maya and unfortunately it appears as though my link for it is gone. If I find it I''ll post it. Anyway, whatever you do, DON''T do something like this:
while( !feof( mayaFile ) ){   getline( mayaFile, myLine );   ParseLine( myLine );}

because it''s SUICIDE! There have got to be hundreds of MEL commands and most don''t even turn up except for once in a blue moon. Therefore, if you read the examples provided with Maya, they''ll demonstrate how to use the Maya Developer API to retrieve useful information (vertices, texture coords, etc.) from Maya without having to translate the file format yourself ( e.g. Maya_ReadFile( myFile ); Maya_GetModel( "player01" ); )

Chris Pergrossi
My Realm | "Good Morning, Dave"
Chris PergrossiMy Realm | "Good Morning, Dave"
Advertisement
quote:Original post by c t o a n
And can someone help me? I''ve not found the little button in Maya that lets me make music, gameplay, or other things? Am I just missing something? (Sorry Amma, it''s just painfully obvious you didn''t read the rest of the forum).

?? Of course there''s no button for making gameplay. However, it''s common knowledge that most companies expand Maya with their own ''modyfiers'' to allow gameplay to be setup - from within Maya. -Naughty Dog being a perfect example.

-----------------------------
Amma
-----------------------------Amma

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement