• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We are hosting a game competition.

This topic is 5355 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everyone. Our company, Secant Software, is hosting a game competition. The competition starts today, and will run until October 18th. The winner will receive a video game title of their choice up to a $50 value, or a $50 gift certificate to the winner's choice of department store. All programming languages are acceptable for use in the game. Contestants will compete on an individual basis and produce original code, grahics, and music (no premade sprites or music allowed.) It is a true test of a single programmer's ingenuity and skill over a range of game development areas. See the rules section of the competition forum at http://www.secantsoftware.com/forums/phpBB2/index.php for further details. If you are not interested in competing, then stop by and join our growing community! Hope to see you there... Nexus [edited by - light-nexus on August 18, 2003 9:52:37 PM]

Advertisement
If there''s one thing I love it''s programming competitions! The last one I entered I wrote four entries for it

Sadly though, there''s something more important to me than coming runner up in a programming competition, and that''s my team.

I wish your contest and new site all the best, but programming alone is something I just wouldn''t want to do. By the end of the second night I would be wondering if the closet monster was trying to eat me...

quote:
Original post by PneumaticDryll
I wish your contest and new site all the best, but programming alone is something I just wouldn''t want to do. By the end of the second night I would be wondering if the closet monster was trying to eat me...

Hahaha, I know what you mean.

Er... since usually games competition involve selling the programmers' soul to the competition creator, isn't $50 for a game or for a gift a insignificant prize? I mean, most likely you lose all copyrights of the game or have to give away full distribution rights. That risk usually involves a new computer or something above $500.
If that's not the case I could just pick up a game I have created in January and run for the prize.

Just a thought.

Telmo "Shyro" Amaro
http://www.codingdreams.xrs.net (MOBILE PHONE GAMES)

[edited by - Telmo_Amaro on August 26, 2003 11:03:15 AM]

• Advertisement