Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

help under stand how directx matrix works

This topic is 5265 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

can anyone help me understand how things like MatrixROtation and MatrixScale effect the object you used to create with vertexes. I checked out this book i had and the info at nexe but i still cant figure it out. They rotate the vertices with a matrix yet the vertices are never even involved and i just wanna know how it rally all works

well the vertices are not involved at the application level. They get involved in the hardware level. WHen you set a matrix using one of teh SetTransform levels they dont effect the vertices until the vertices are sent to teh graphics hardware, usually by Draw[indexed]Primitive.

Before a vertex gets displayed on your screen it will manipulated by the transfor matrices that you set. So the vertices are infact involved, its just that you dont have to worry about them.

If you were making a software rendering engine, *then* you would have to worry about them, but currently all the vertices being multiplied by matricies is done in hardware (if the hardware supports it that is)

:::: [ Triple Buffer ] ::::

so all the matrices do is set the view and stuff...like if i had a object at 0,0,0 then the matrix centers on the object and using the rotation ..roates around that object?