• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BGCJR

Another Stencil Demo

This topic is 5444 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

NEWS UPDATE: I received this letter about the drivers for ATI cards and my demo. Hello Bobby, I can definately see the issue here and will submit a bug on this, thanks for letting us know. I've been able to narrow down the problem a little so hopefully the fix is pretty straightforward and should happen relatively quickly. I'm curious though about the sample as I received the original message followed by this second one. Both had attachments with the same name and size but I can't check the timestamp to see if there was any difference. Can you confirm that they are the same sample code? thanks, Jeff Royle ATI Developer Relations devrel@ati.com This is an major update. I redid the the stencil buffer draw routine. more like lesson 27. New Link Should work on ATI now... This time it's Carmack Reverse. Download Link w,s - move forward backwards. a,d - strafe i,j,k,l - move light1 arrows - rotate and down arrow stops numpad 4,5,6,8 - move model vertical and horizonal. I know it works on Nvidia cards, but if you have an ATI card(s) then feedback on the demo would be great. Bobby [edited by - BGCJR on August 19, 2003 5:19:04 PM] [edited by - BGCJR on August 19, 2003 10:04:32 PM]

Advertisement
With an oooolllld ATI (rage 128 pro) it simply crash (the instruction at "0x0000" referenced memory at "0x00000" The memory could not be "read")

two yellow points.
If vsync is off, then the light might have moved too quick and out of the ''box''.

Sphax: i don''t check for the VBO extension and just load it.
so, the buffer elements are NULL, referencing memory zero.

Bobby

67fps, but no shadows...

Celeron 1.3, Windows ME, 512MB RAM
ATI Radeon 9000, 64MB, driver 4.14.01.9109 (Catalyst 3.5 dated 05 June 2003).

Downloading Cat3.6 now.

OK, i put the update at the top. i was disabling depth_test instead of depth mask...

Bobby

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!