• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Windows, Classes, Win32, Holly Grail I'm Stupid

This topic is 6536 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi All, OK, i found myself a little dumb/stupid about this one, but anyway, here it's goes. I'm using Pure Win32 (no MFC). I've created a dialog box to let the user select Api, Resolution for my demo. It's works great while everything is in the WinMain (MakeProc, DialogBox, ...). But, i'm coding C++ so i want to build a Class around my DialogBox, but Visual C++ dont let me declare me DialogProcedure for the Dialog. So did anyone known how to declare a base class for a simple Dialog ?! Secondo, i've put two variables in that class for holding Api & Resolution selected (i think is the way to do this). So for that part, i need to known how to poke into Controls RadioBox (First-one had the Group properties 'ON'). So did someone can give me 1/2 lines of code to get the status of RadioBox, or simply link my variable like in MFC (for MFC like, i'm pretty sure it's impossible) ?! Thanks in Advance, LowRad Edited by - LowRad on 6/27/00 1:08:58 PM

Advertisement
Check it out, very similar questions, and plenty of answers to them are all over this forum. Go fish.

Or, my personal favorite for solving this problem is Microsoft''s ATL class CDialogImpl and CWindowImpl. They are not MFC, they are C++ templates and when you compile them, your binary is just as if you had used straight Win32 (but you don''t have to write a WinProc or a DialogProc).

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!