• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jho

Direct3D and Windows CE..

This topic is 6537 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, does anyone know how much of Direct3D 7 will run on Windows CE 3.0? I just need to draw some wireframe triangles and lines, maybe some lighting with a few solid surface.. Is it possible to do these in CE 3.0?

Advertisement
Unfortunately if you mean CE3 as in PocketPC. DX didn''t actually make it here, what you have for PPC is a direct access method to get to the video ram and an input handler API.... oh and sound I think.

-------------------------
-Now Working on Pokemon like Engine!

Pocket PC? I''m not sure what that is. I''m taking about handheld like the Hitachi HPW-630ETR.. running SH-4 CPU 640x480? I''m pretty sure it supports directx I just don''t know how much..

Actually WinCE doesn''t support DirectX.... unless you''re thinking about coding for the DreamCast which is a different thing altogether.

You''re right.. I know that DC''s Windows CE has directX. I was hearing all these talk about CE 3.0 and directX before, now I''m disappointed... So.. is there a way to do some simple 3D rendering with CE 3.0, or do I have to write my own 3D engine that will paint in a GDI window?

I''m disappointed too, but then again when you think about it the hardware required for 3D will bump up the already ridiculous price of a WinCE device.

And yes you have to write your own 3D RENDERER that''ll paint to a window.

The directX 7 sdk indica what have win-ce support and what not.
But the "not" is almost all.

-eng3d.softhome.net-

How about looking at the mesa or openGL source code and try to rip my own Miniport of OpenGL to use on Windows CE? Will that work?

How about looking at the mesa or openGL source code and try to rip my own Miniport of OpenGL to use on Windows CE? Will that work?

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!