What's wrong with this small routine?

Started by
2 comments, last by VECTOR 23 years, 9 months ago
case WM_MOUSEMOVE: mousex = LOWORD (lParam) - 400; mousey = HIWORD (lParam) - 300; mouseclk = wParam; no, actually what type of variable is mouseclk? BOOL? Integer?\ what is it''s value when mouse button one is pressed or two is pressed?
The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his . . -General MacArthur
Advertisement
This is straight from the Win32 SDK Help:

WM_MOUSEMOVE
The WM_MOUSEMOVE message is posted to a window when the cursor moves. If the mouse is not captured, the message is posted to the window that contains the cursor. Otherwise, the message is posted to the window that has captured the mouse.

WM_MOUSEMOVE
fwKeys = wParam; // key flags
xPos = LOWORD(lParam); // horizontal position of cursor
yPos = HIWORD(lParam); // vertical position of cursor

Parameters
fwKeys

Value of wParam. Indicates whether various virtual keys are down. This parameter can be any combination of the following values: Value
Description

MK_CONTROL
Set if the CTRL key is down.

MK_LBUTTON
Set if the left mouse button is down.

MK_MBUTTON
Set if the middle mouse button is down.

MK_RBUTTON
Set if the right mouse button is down.

MK_SHIFT
Set if the SHIFT key is down.

xPos

Value of the low-order word of lParam. Specifies the x-coordinate of the cursor. The coordinate is relative to the upper-left corner of the client area.

yPos

Value of the high-order word of lParam. Specifies the y-coordinate of the cursor. The coordinate is relative to the upper-left corner of the client area.

--------------------------
Carpe Diem
D.V.Carpe Diem
Looks like it is a WPARAM to me - and that''d be a dword if I remember it correctly, correct me if I''m not.

"Paranoia is the belief in a hidden order behind the visible." - Anonymous
mouseclk is a WORD as the prefix to wParam dictates...

to check for the buttons you can do something like this...

if (mouseclk & MF_LBUTTON && mouseclk & MF_RBUTTON)
// both mouse buttons are down
else
// ....

..-=ViKtOr=-..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement