gathering new supporters along the way.
Landfish would definetly become involved
I think. Someone should post it in the
suggestions and articles forum, or ask
one of the moderators.

STVOY

Mega Moh Mine!!
Advertisement
I''m sure we can do it, we just need to talk to the somone about it. I''m willing to bring a lot of subjects up! Real-time battles, stats, the scripting engine, pre-rendered backgrounds, those last two were all really big discussions about rpgs.
quote:Original post by MadKeithV

I''m getting really tired of this LandFish Worshipping here... sure, he bounces good ideas off everyone, but his threads would still be worthless without the many contributions of other people on this forum. He just moved a lot of discussion from the Lounge to the Game Design forum.

TELL ME ABOUT IT!

I just ask questions MKV, the real meat of the posts is from the replies! Jeez, a guy comes along and questions a few traditions, and doesn''t even give answers, and for some reason everyone respects him for it?

Did that sound sarcastic? It wasn''t. I don''t think I''d make a terribly good moderater, since I post too frequently and am generally too hostile. If enough people wanted me to host an RPG forum, I would. But I think I might be a bit too controversial for some of the members.

I do think an RPG forum is a good idea though, That way, we could keep the design forum to general Design issues. That would make all the non-RPGers happy.

"The unexamined life is not worth living."
-Socrates
======"The unexamined life is not worth living."-Socrates"Question everything. Especially Landfish."-Matt
I would definitely like to see an RPG forum where I can march for NPC rights! .

Seriously thought, I am willing to help give a little of my time to keep an RPG forum going. I am sure that there are others out there who would be willing to help as well .

RPGS RULE FOREVER! or VIVA LA RPG!

-Chris Bennett ("Insanity" of Dwarfsoft)

Check our site:
http://www.crosswinds.net/~dwarfsoft/
and our eGroup:
http://www.egroups.com/group/dwarfsoft
Who can we contact about this kind of thing? I know it''s not that hard to do stuff to these message baords if it is anything like the ones at exboard.com...which is the closest thing to these kind of things on the net. I have one and it is a cinch to add a new forum and a new moderator, so let''s do something about this!
I back that motion 110%! We need to be here to defend RPG''s and promote them! We need our own forum !!!

-Chris Bennett ("Insanity" of Dwarfsoft)

Check our site:
http://www.crosswinds.net/~dwarfsoft/
and our eGroup:
http://www.egroups.com/group/dwarfsoft
Yeah, we should have an RPG forum. They've become the center of several discussions recently, and I'm sure we could all remake the genre.

We Want An RPG forum

Goblins are people too! (well sort of)

P.S. I'd be glad to share my theories and knowledge of RPGs. Considering that I play so many of them, me and Ferinorius should have no problem keeping it interesting...

- DarkMage139
"Real game developers don't change the rules. Real game developers don't break the rules. Real game developers make the rules!"
"Originality (in games) is the spice of life!"

Edited by - DarkMage139 on July 3, 2000 8:46:17 PM
- DarkMage139
That''s right darkmage!!!! and i e-mailed and he said that he is reluctant to do so because if there is genre specific ones, then everyone will want one, but let''s keep this alive!!!!!!!1
Live, request! Live! I command thee!
What if we write a java plugin that automatically changes "Game Design" to "RPG design" wherever it occurs

Give me one more medicated peaceful moment.
~ (V)^|) |<é!t|-| ~
ERROR: Your beta-version of Life1.0 has expired. Please upgrade to the full version. All important social functions will be disabled from now on.
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement