Is my idea too much?

Started by
17 comments, last by Kingzoolerius666 20 years, 7 months ago
Since the Bloody Roar series is near it''s death, I want to resurrect the great concept which manifested in this game. I want to make my own fighting game in which you start out as a human who has a secret ability to transform into bipedial animal creature/beast and through this form, the character will have higher defense and offense and will be able to perform special abilities. The following modes for this game that I''m thinking about adding is, Arcade Mode, Story Mode, VS. Mode(One-on-One, Tag-Team Mode, Group Battle, Tournament), champioship mode, and create a fighter. Arcade mode is, to me, the ''classic'' mode in which you fight every other character in the game until you reach the last boss. Story Mode will be like Smackdown! Shut Your Mouth. Each character''s story will be unravelled slowly through this mode. You join a league, fight your championship belts and form friendships/rivarlies with other fighters. Through this mode you unlock secret outfits for certain characters, you obtain new arenas and even new characters. You also obtain new ''stuff'' for the create-a-fighter mode. VS. Mode is basic. There''s your ordinary one-on-one mode. Tag-Team mode, similiar to Tekkan. Group Battle mode similiar to Tag-Team mode but cannot switch characters during combat. It''s almost like a ''survivor series'' if you will. Tournament is exactly what the title says. Through the story mode will are able to obtain championship titles. If so, you could defend those titles against a CPU or a friend. Create-a-fighter is exactly what the title says. You''re able to create the human form of the character and the animal form. You could also assign special moves and "secret moves" to the character. I''m worry that my game could be too much. If this game was released on the PS2, do you think all of this would fit in the PS2-disk and properly play? ~~~ Signature: ~~ "Satan sent me to destroy the video game industry." - Trigger(my alter ego) "God is a game designer too and his game, ''Life'' " - Me "Squirrles make me horny." - Sean Randy Rowlen Uranus
~~~ Signature: ~~"Satan sent me to destroy the video game industry." - Trigger(my alter ego)"God is a game designer too and his game, 'Life' " - Me"Squirrles make me horny." - Sean Randy Rowlen Uranus
Advertisement
quote:Original post by Kingzoolerius666
If this game was released on the PS2, do you think all of this would fit in the PS2-disk and properly play?

The size of a PS2 disk is the least of your worries. Hell, the Final Fantasy series spend millions of pounds to fill more than one disk, do you really think you''re going to be able to come up with millions of pounds of content?
My other RPG idea might require more than one PS2 disk because I want to add alot of extras and alot of reading content(to further explain each character''s background and other facts). Xenosaga does something similiar with their information database in the U.M.N.

~~~ Signature: ~~
"Satan sent me to destroy the video game industry." - Trigger(my alter ego)
"God is a game designer too and his game, ''Life'' " - Me
"Squirrles make me horny." - Sean Randy Rowlen Uranus
~~~ Signature: ~~"Satan sent me to destroy the video game industry." - Trigger(my alter ego)"God is a game designer too and his game, 'Life' " - Me"Squirrles make me horny." - Sean Randy Rowlen Uranus
images, and movies are what take up space. text is miniscule by comparison about 1 page = 10kb. Which means you can store about 400,000 pages on a single PS2 dvd. You don''t have to worry about filling up a dvd. To my knowledge no PS2 game on the market is even an entire dvd.

I suggest you work on trying to make your game and not bother worrying about not fitting it on a single dvd.

-----------------------------------------------------
Writer, Programer, Cook, I''m a Jack of all Trades
Current Design project
Chaos Factor Design Document

But why don''t companies try to add a "create-a-fighter" feature in their fighting game? It must take up alot of space.......

Maybe because of the difficulty involved in creating any character that doesn''t throw the balance of power too much in any particular direction. Overall, the characters must be essentially equal in power, otherwise everyone''s favorite character would be the same. So, although it''s technically very easy to allow the user to adjust the various statistics of a character, that opens up the possibilty of an overwhelming character--to say nothing of the need for either lots of different models to choose from or some way of generating them dynamically.
Depends what you mean by a create a fighter. If you mean customizing a fighter, the one of the PS2 Dragon Ball Z games had that. Why don''t others mainly because its not something the designers decided to include.

But one of the main reasons is that all the models and their moves are pre rendered. Which means that if you want a fighter to do a move then you have to design and render that move during development which take time, money and space. Escpically if take a look at the detail they put into the models these days. If you have chance take a look at Tekken 4, you can see clothings moving realisically with the character.

-----------------------------------------------------
Writer, Programer, Cook, I''m a Jack of all Trades
Current Design project
Chaos Factor Design Document

quote:Original post by Kingzoolerius666
But why don''t companies try to add a "create-a-fighter" feature in their fighting game? It must take up alot of space.......

No, they take up less than prefabricated characters. They''re just harder to make well.
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
Comparative sizes of video games:
FFX - 4.2 GB
Dark Cloud 2 - 4.1 GB
Devil May Cry 2 - 4.4 GB/disc; named files account for only 1.96 GB/disc, lots of data repeated on both discs
Kingdom Hearts - 2.8 GB
Grandia Xtreme - 2 GB; 950 MB of digital video
Harvest Moon:Save the Homeland - 76 MB (yes, barely 1/8th of a CD)
(My copy of Xenosaga is out on loan)

MGS2 - 4.3 GB; 871 MB of digital video, 1.14 GB streaming audio

I really don''t think your game will have any trouble fitting on one disc.
wow, FFX was only 4.2GB?

How large is a PS2 disk though, like 7.0GB?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement